You may download, print, and complete our registration forms here. Otherwise, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment so you can complete the necessary paperwork. Please bring your insurance card and physical therapy referral (if applicable) from your physician or nurse practitioner with you to your first visit.
Our first session will last about one hour. Subsequently, follow-up sessions will last about 50 minutes and will be scheduled at the end of the first visit. During your first visit, you can expect a thorough history and musculoskeletal evaluation, an opinion as to the amount of PT interventions needed and your likelihood of progress, as well as an estimate of the number of visits needed to meet your goals.
Your privacy will be strictly guarded and respected during all sessions. You are welcome to invite someone to accompany you to your physical therapy appointments if doing so will make you feel more comfortable.
Treatment sessions may include:
- An interview with detailed questions about the history of your problem(s).
- A thorough assessment of musculoskeletal contributions.
- Observation of your genital and/or rectal area.
- Internal evaluation of your pelvic floor muscles.
- Observation of your pelvic floor muscles’ coordination via vagina or rectum using biofeedback and an internal sensor, which you insert vaginally or rectally.
- Exercise instruction for pelvic floor, abdominal, and other muscles as indicated.
- Education about techniques for you to implement and manage your symptoms at home.
- Guidelines for modification of diet, bladder and bowel habits, and daily functional activities that may influence your condition.